No, I have not fallen off the face of the earth. Yes, my last post was over three months ago. But I’m ba-aaack! (Please read with the intonation of a small blond girl who is about to get sucked into a television set).
Honesty time: I have been struggling lately with my business. Lack of direction? Lack of motivation? Lack of self-confidence? Yes, yes, and yes. Luckily I have a great group of creative friends/neighbors who also happen to be work-at-home-during-the-few-minutes-of-peace-while-the kids-are-at-school-moms and are struggling just like me.
So we recently met for coffee after the morning bus, and our 2 hours of “meeting” went something like this: Drink coffee, entertain the kids who aren’t yet in school, drink coffee, entertain, brainstorm, entertain, coffee. Not terribly productive, but productive enough that I came away with a few goals.
- List more items in my Etsy shop.
- Come up with a solid wholesale/consignment plan and make appointments with some brick & mortar shops.
- Publish a blog post at least once a week.
- Be more active on Facebook and other social media.
- Take the time to CREATE MORE! Doing everything I listed above is pointless if I don’t have anything to sell.
Whew! That sounds ambitious! I’m hoping that I’ll be able to tackle a few of these points soon (I’ve already begun – yay me!) and that with time, I’ll be able to add to my goals.